Our Programme for 1961
PROBABLY MANY OF OUR READERS have forgotten the Report we gave of a Conference of Committee Members in October 1959, held with a view to making improvements in the magazine; others have been patiently waiting to see the fruits. The delay is regretted but we are sure we can count on the indulgence of those who realize that the men responsible for PRECIOUS SEED have to find time for the task amid the demands of busy lives.
We are now in a position to say that, if the Lord will, we hope to implement the programme then decided upon, the special features being:
1. A series on The Fundamentals by various competent writers.
2. A number of messages by Frank Holmes, on the need of being well balanced in all departments of the Christian life.
3. Biographical Sketches of pivotal men in the Scriptures, showing, not only their particular role in the outworking of divine purpose but also the lessons of their lives for us.
4. Papers on How to Study the Bible will be an immense help to keen young Christians.
5. Dr. Alan Linton of Bristol will take up problems which perplex young people.
6. Dr. David Gooding of Belfast will be contributing short studies on some of the principal Greek words in the Scriptures.
Mr. Lovering will be continuing his Analytical Studies in John's Gospel and we have in hand a number of very useful messages including:
The Sweet Spices by J. W. Jackson,
Spiritual Development by R. T. Prechous,
The Philippian Epistle by William Trew.
Whilst the above will be sufficient to show that we shall strive to provide a well-balanced diet, our main concern will still be to keep before our readers the teaching of the New Testament with regard to the Church.